New IT forum
27 June 2022, 12:40:25 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: GertDuino now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Guruplug Display - unable to get output from JTAG (usb) interface  (Read 6768 times)

Tuinslak

Hi,

I recently got a Guruplug Display running Lenny.
I decide to play with it and upgrade to Squeeze, which worked +- fine, except that regular (non root) user have socket access errors (something related to CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK kernel flag). If I add the correct group ("aid_inet"), and added users to that group, it worked fine until a reboot. Then I got a bunch of other errors.

Anyway, long story short. I'd like to start with a clean GPd and plugged in the JTAG over USB thingie.

The green light of the JTAG starts burning, and on both Linux (Debian) as Windows (7) the OS detects the device.

However, when opening PuTTY, and making it connect to either /dev/ttyUSB(0/1) or COM# I am unable to get any output whatsoever. Hitting random keys on the keyboard doesn't interrupt the boot either.

Baud rate is set to 115200.

Any clues?

Confusticated

• New IT customer
Re: Guruplug Display - unable to get output from JTAG (usb) interface
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2011, 10:02:20 pm »

I have no, nor have ever seen, a Guruplug Display......

I was under the impression the 'JTAG over USB thingie' was exactly that - a JTAG Interface for which you would use the like of OpenOCD.
For a console, try the USB (to internal UART) port above the ethernet port.
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!

mabuhay

• myownhomeserver.ch
Re: Guruplug Display - unable to get output from JTAG (usb) interface
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

Hi

Make sure all settings in PuTTY are correct. For my JTAG module the settings are:
Baudrate to 115200 and databits, parity and stopbit to 8-N-1
Hardware and Software Flow Control set to NO

mfg
My low-power homeserver with the GuruPlug Server Plus: www.myownhomeserver.ch
Pages: [1]