New IT forum
26 June 2022, 04:40:51 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: mono  (Read 6892 times)

Percival P Plugsley

mono
« on: 15 December 2009, 10:32:51 pm »

Anyone had any luck running mono on a Sheevaplug?

I have a webservice that works on mono 2.4 on my main ubuntu box but does nothing on the Sheevaplug:
I followed the instructions on plugwiki for asp.net apps but gcms segfaults when I run it from the command line
I tried to unpack and install mono 2.4 but ran out of room on the plug.

NewIT_Marcus

Re: mono
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2009, 04:52:44 pm »

You'll have more room, enough to test mono 2.4 if you configure to boot from an SD card.

Percival P Plugsley

« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2009, 12:23:49 am »

Thanks Marcus

I decided in the end that installing mono for a single WebService (which was only ever a proof of concept) was probably overkill - so now I'm using PHP to talk to MySQL.

So, in the space of 36 hours (elapsed), I've ported over 2 websites and a mail server to the Plug using Apache, MySQL, PHP and Postfix - and there's still room to spare without adding any cards - so I'm well chuffed  ;D

trampjuice

« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2010, 11:22:55 am »

What are you finding is the best mail server to use? I am finding when I run courier + postfix is using a lot of memory and spawning a lot of processes. I gather the lightest resource use mail server is xmail but it seems a bit limited with regards to IMAP.
Pages: [1]