New IT forum
27 June 2022, 05:06:13 am *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: PiHub now in stock.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Poor connection of euro cable  (Read 34102 times)

rfrazier

• New IT customer
    • RLF
Re: Poor connection of euro cable
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2011, 05:28:46 pm »

Well, I've wrapped some electrical tape round the end of part 6 and it fits much more snuggly now into part 5 and so far seems to have stopped the random power off/on issue when the unit is handled. Now, just need to stop that blinking blue LED next!

I don't load /root/init_setup.sh from /etc/rc.local when I boot (I don't want wifi or bluetooth), so I get no blinking blue light.  I pretty sure that what gives is is the following line.

blinkled >> /dev/null

Comment that out, and try it. 

Best wishes,
Bob

polsh

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2011, 10:43:10 am »

bottleneck on picture

Number_Six

« Reply #17 on: 01 August 2011, 09:23:45 pm »

I'm still having problems with part 5 of the power connector - the electrical tape has worked loose and now I'm getting sporadic reboots of the unit.

I bought my DreamPlug from GlobalScale thinking I'd get it quicker but I was wrong. Should have waited and bought from NewIT. I DID however buy my JTAG module from NewIT.

NewIT - do you have any spare part 5 pieces that I can buy please? I don't want to send my DreamPlug back to the states because I know it will take months before I get it back. I've asked them for a replacement but they insist on me returning the whole unit which I'm not doing as it will cost a fortune in post too.

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 02 August 2011, 08:11:49 am »

We do have some power connectors here: http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=power_slider

Number_Six

« Reply #19 on: 02 August 2011, 11:36:19 am »

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2011, 11:56:18 am »

Got the order, should be with you tomorrow :)

piratebab

« Reply #21 on: 04 August 2011, 05:59:02 pm »

I am using item 5, and got the same problem.The problem is at the interface of 2 and 5.
The pins on 2 are too short, or the small copper plates on 5 are too much "digged" in  part 5.
I have tried to push up the copper plate, but dont find the solution to do it with a small screw driver. Is it possible to have a drawing that explain how these plates are mounted ?
As a temporary solution, I use some small aluminum plates to improve the contact.

Number_Six

« Reply #22 on: 04 August 2011, 07:20:29 pm »

I received the replacement part 5 from NewIT (very quick too!) and SUCCESS, problem solved. Thanks for selling them. It's obvious the new part 5 is slightly different to the old faulty part 5 that came with my plug and GlobalScale must have been aware of the issue so redesigned it.

Thanks again, NewIT!

markusd112

« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2011, 05:52:37 pm »

Hi,

I have ordered my DreamPlug the last days and I run into the same problems: the connection between 2 and 5 is defective so the plug loose power.

Regards,

Markus

brad1973

« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2012, 03:19:10 pm »

I've got this problem with the cable slider (part 5 in the pic) also.

My question is why aren't they being replaced free of charge? It seems to have been acknowledged as a design fault, I don't see why people should have to pay extra for something that wasn't fit for purpose in the first place.

NewIT people, how about agreeing free replacements for the faulty slider rather than trying to squeeze a fiver out of everyone who bought the faulty version off you (in good faith)?

brad1973

« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2012, 10:44:11 am »

Tumbleweed response to the last post. Let's try a different approach then......

If I buy the power cable slider from your shop can you assure me that I will be getting the new version and not the faulty design that came with my DreamPlug?

I'm talking about this one:

https://newit.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=power_slider

bulek

« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2012, 07:57:35 am »

Hi,

I'm still not getting it up. We've bought Dreamplugs at normal prices - those devices should be reliable and running 24/7.

And a lot of them is shipped with faulty supply connectors/cables  that makes them behave like christmas tree lights when you touch power supply cable or EU adapter.   :-(

And we get thread on Newit's "official" forum where a lot of users report same problem.

And now I ask NEWIT - will you provide working replacement to non-working parts ?
I guess this would be pretty normal response to selling faulty power connectors.

User usually get real impression when you get into troubles....

Regards,

Bulek.

bulek

« Reply #27 on: 12 February 2012, 08:21:25 am »

Hi,

I'm really curious why nobody answers those posts, even that one where user is willing to buy a replalcement part but wants to be sure that it will solve the problem.

Has New IT shut down ?

Regards,

Bulek.

NewITMalcolm

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 12 February 2012, 10:24:06 am »

Please email [email protected] and we will arrange a replacement part for you.

NewITJames

bulek

« Reply #29 on: 06 March 2012, 01:16:44 am »

Please email [email protected] and we will arrange a replacement part for you.

Have sent email to Mr. Jason, but still no response... Do you really mean to help or are you just buying some time and make an impression on other forum members ?

Regards,

Bulek.
Pages: 1 [2] 3