New IT forum
12 August 2022, 02:20:47 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mount sd-card  (Read 5116 times)

rtzui

Mount sd-card
« on: 09 June 2011, 03:13:05 pm »

Hi,
i want to mount a sd-card.
`ls /dev/sd*` is "/dev/sda  /dev/sda1  /dev/sda2  /dev/sdb  /dev/sdc  /dev/sdc1". sda is the boot-sd card, sdc the esata device, so it seems to be the sdb. `fdisk /dev/sdb` = "Unable to open /dev/sdb" The SD-card is most certanly not broken; am i accessing the wrong blockdevice?

rtzui

NewIT_Marcus

Re: Mount sd-card
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2011, 04:39:15 pm »

We don't know how static the device assignments are, but in this case it does seem that /dev/sdb is the SD card.

And fdisk /dev/sdb shouldn't give you the message that it does.

I would review the connections of the card/slot (did you ever open up the DP to mess with the micro-SD card?) As it happens, the board that handles the micro-SD card also handles the SD card, but at some level it must be possible for one to be working but not the other.

And possibly fdisk -l will tell you something.
« Last Edit: 09 June 2011, 09:09:20 pm by NewIT_Marcus »

rtzui

« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2011, 07:20:42 pm »

Oh, wow i have used a MMC card. didn't know i still had one. German wikipedia says SD-readers "usually" backwackward compatilble, but it seems the guruplug is not. Gonna buy a new one.

NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2011, 09:12:32 pm »

English wikipedia says the same thing.

Well, I learnt something new today too. I don't believe I've ever seen an MMC card, but I see that my card reader has a slot marked "SD/MMC".
Pages: [1]