New IT forum
10 August 2022, 11:42:08 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Guruplug server plug -> where's USB power in the schematics???  (Read 4874 times)

PacoLM

Hello,

I got a guruplug that has the USB and SD not working at all. I have downloaded the schematics here https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=567954&fcc_id=%27YCJ003GP%27, following the link in another topic of this forum.

Now I want to check if the USB hub controller is working properly (2F-U4). The point is that in page 13 of the schematics, U4 needs the +USB_VCC and the SD reader (U2) needs +SD_VCC, but I could not find where those voltages come from.... I have searched in the whole schematic but no success. Is there a typo in the schematic?. Do I need to go to sleep?

I will pay a virtual beer to the 'finder'...

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM

PacoLM

Re: Guruplug server plug -> where's USB power in the schematics???
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2011, 05:51:21 pm »

Hello

The problem  resides in the SheevaPlug2_F2 board. The plug does not recognize USB devices neither the wifi or SD. I have checked that the USB_VCC signal is shorted to ground and found that U4 (GL850G) is damaged, as the pin 48 is internally shorted to ground.

Is it possible to buy only this card?.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM
Pages: [1]