New IT forum
27 June 2022, 11:43:06 am *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: PiHub now in stock.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dreamplug SD images available  (Read 75583 times)

NewIT_Malcolm

• Administrator
Re: Dreamplug SD images available
« Reply #45 on: 14 June 2013, 07:55:36 am »

Hello all .... I am very new to this... Have lots "controls" background. I must be doing something wrong. I have read and reread the posts on making a GUIplug SD. Am I correct in thinking if, I download the image and dd it to a large enough SD ( with no errors )and swap it for the internal SD in my Dreamplug It should boot?

The answer is maybe and it depends which version you have.  There is a version code which is the top 4 digit number on the bottom left of the underside sticker. upto '0802' used a FAT partition for the kernel and from '0901' onwards an ext2 partition is used. The NewIT multiboot SD images have stuck with the FAT partition so if you want to use the image internally then on the earlier Dreamplugs you will be fine and on later plugs you can either change uboot to read the uImage from FAT(fatload) instead of ext2(ext2load) or simply copy the kernel somewhere and change the 1st partition on the Newit image to be ext2 instead of FAT and replace the uImage.

jayh391

« Reply #46 on: 14 June 2013, 01:06:42 pm »

Hello all .... I am very new to this... Have lots "controls" background. I must be doing something wrong. I have read and reread the posts on making a GUIplug SD. Am I correct in thinking if, I download the image and dd it to a large enough SD ( with no errors )and swap it for the internal SD in my Dreamplug It should boot?

The answer is maybe and it depends which version you have.  There is a version code which is the top 4 digit number on the bottom left of the underside sticker. upto '0802' used a FAT partition for the kernel and from '0901' onwards an ext2 partition is used. The NewIT multiboot SD images have stuck with the FAT partition so if you want to use the image internally then on the earlier Dreamplugs you will be fine and on later plugs you can either change uboot to read the uImage from FAT(fatload) instead of ext2(ext2load) or simply copy the kernel somewhere and change the 1st partition on the Newit image to be ext2 instead of FAT and replace the uImage.

This is the underside photo is attached. I think I dont know what i am doing.
Thanks for any additional help.

Jay

NewIT_Malcolm

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: 17 June 2013, 07:55:59 am »

That's a very recent Dreamplug which has partition 1 on the microSD as ext2. To use the SD images internally you need to change partition 1 from FAT to ext2 or if you have a jtag change the ext2load command to fatload. Make sure you have the uImage on partition 1 before booting.

jayh391

« Reply #48 on: 17 June 2013, 11:30:59 pm »

Thanks for the replies.... I have now have it booting with Debian  GUI via VNC!   Is there any way to get Ubuntu with GUI and VNC?

Once again thanks for the help.

Jay

ethrbunny

« Reply #49 on: 30 August 2013, 08:56:22 pm »

We have several units here with '1200 0500' on the label. Is there a recommended build?

I'd hoped to get a wheezy installation running on these but the wireless AP doesn't want to start.

(note: tried 'Dream-Wheezy-344-4Gb-24Jul12.img')

Trying the 'Dreamplug-1001-Factory-Debian-Image.img'. So far looks better. Would prefer the 3.x kernel.. oh well.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2013, 09:29:05 pm by ethrbunny »

Basemasta

« Reply #50 on: 27 February 2014, 12:02:02 pm »

I would like to install Debian Wheezy on my Dreamplug booting on an 32 Gb USB Stick.

Is it possible to dd one of those SD images (4Gb, 8Gb, 16Gb ?) on my USB Stick and extend to 32 Gb the ext3 partition via Gparted  ? :

Debian Wheezy images with wifi client included in kernel v3.4.4
http://downloadsnewit.co.uk/SD-images/Dreamplug/NewIT-Dreamplug-v0901-v1001-multibootSD-Wheezy

Steve

Confusticated

• New IT customer
« Reply #51 on: 27 February 2014, 05:09:49 pm »

I would like to install Debian Wheezy on my Dreamplug booting on an 32 Gb USB Stick.
Go for it.

Is it possible to dd one of those SD images (4Gb, 8Gb, 16Gb ?) on my USB Stick and extend to 32 Gb the ext3 partition via Gparted  ?

Yes

Don't forget to update the /etc/fstab to point to the the USB stick device names as opposed to the originally intended SD card device names.
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!

damnedDP

« Reply #52 on: 29 September 2015, 11:48:58 am »

Does anyone know how I can tell if my DreamPlug is the "bg" version or the "n" version?

The model number is: 003-DS2001

Thank you!

Dweezilmeister

« Reply #53 on: 13 February 2017, 05:55:38 pm »

Hi,

I am using the Debian Wheezy images with wifi client included in kernel v3.4.4 image on a 0901 dreamplug.

I wanted to add a usb modem ( for caller id ) and I need to recompile the driver for the platform.  Unfortunately, I have difficulty getting the source headers.

Do you still have the kernel sources and headers for that kernel please?

Thank you very much for your help.

xunil2003

« Reply #54 on: 08 September 2020, 02:34:36 pm »

Hello,

I am above purchasing the DreamPlug Multi-boot.
NewIt no longer ships a new version of debian after Debian 7.0.
However, for security problems, it is useful to have a recent version.
So we end up with stuff that is useless.
Thank you NewIT for your quality of follow-up for your customers.
Why buy from Newit in this case?
- DreamPlug Multi Boot / Debian Lenny
- Guru Plug / Debyan Lenny
- I7 950 / Asus / 12 Go Ram / Lamp / Mageia / Mandriva / Ubuntu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]