New IT forum
26 June 2022, 04:49:50 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: GuiPlug v2.7 now available  (Read 31271 times)

Ralph Houston

• New IT customer
Re: GuiPlug v2.7 now available
« Reply #30 on: 21 December 2011, 01:43:51 pm »

You're right to format the card; the image mount should mount the partitions from the image as loop devices - the temp directories. But for some reason this doesn't work for me on the Dreamplug, only on an Ubuntu desktop. Don't see what's up here.

Anyway, I couldn't get the copied partitions to boot in any case - I always got errors, with this first:
'Could not update ICE authority file /var/lib/gdm3/.Iceauthority'

No real clues on this one, but I put the image on a bigger card, then cut it down to fit on a smaller one, and then it worked. Is there something in the image that's not carried across to a formatted SD card with 'cp -R'?

Confusticated

• New IT customer
« Reply #31 on: 21 December 2011, 05:44:38 pm »

Try 'cp -a' or better still read the man page :)
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!

EmJayArr

« Reply #32 on: 07 June 2013, 05:13:07 pm »

This thread (http://www.newit.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2057.0) suggests changing u-boot variables, namely the arcNumber, for v2.5. If attempting to put GuiPlug 2.7 on the internal SD, are these still valid suggestions?

Confusticated

• New IT customer
« Reply #33 on: 07 June 2013, 06:36:31 pm »

Whether you have to change arcNumber (or machid) depends on which uboot version you are using with which kernel.
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!
Pages: 1 2 [3]