New IT forum
10 August 2022, 10:35:46 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sheevaplug with USB 2.0 HUB detected as USB 1.1 Hub  (Read 3815 times)

edekker

Sheevaplug with USB 2.0 HUB detected as USB 1.1 Hub
« on: 13 January 2012, 09:44:56 pm »

Hi,

I have a sheevaplug (several actually) and a USB 2.0 Video Grabber device.
The video grabber requires a USB 2.0 connection. (or high speed is the proper term)

When the video grabber is connected.. all works great, its recognized as a USB high speed connection.
The grabber is accessible using my java program.

However, when connected through an external USB HUB which is suppose to support USB 2.0 the sheevaplug
states a low speed USB hub. The grabber driver now states that the usb speed is too low. As a result the driver does not
initialize the device.  

When using Windows and the same USB HUB the USB HUB acts as a nice USB 2.0 Hub and the video grabber works.

To me this is getting confusing. Is there some way to force the USB high speed setting?
It seems to me that the auto-detect usb speed does not work or something.

USB and drivers seem ok because i can use it when directly connected.
Any ideas?

Maybe i just have bad luck on the USB Hub. (i'm missing the official icon too on the usb hub package)

Second question to New-IT. I saw you also sell a usb hub high speed certified. Have you guys verified that the sheevaplug
actually detects this USB Hub as a high speed hub? Or differently put, an USB 2.0 Hub.

Any insights are appreciated.

Sincerely,

Erwin
« Last Edit: 13 January 2012, 11:08:16 pm by edekker »

edekker

Re: Sheevaplug with USB 2.0 HUB detected as USB 1.1 Hub
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2012, 01:24:18 pm »

Its solved!
Simply change the USB Hub.
When you buy an USB Hub for your plug, make sure that the compliance USB logo is on the product.
Also, when it says: MAC Support leonard or higher.. chance is pretty big it will work also on the plugcomputer.  (kernel 2.6 and higher that is)

Another lesson learned...

Pages: [1]