New IT forum
27 June 2022, 12:16:21 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: GertDuino now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Internal Shots of a SheevaPlug  (Read 15965 times)

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
Internal Shots of a SheevaPlug
« on: 17 March 2010, 05:59:08 pm »

ubogdan

• New IT customer
Re: Internal Shots of a SheevaPlug
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2010, 08:04:33 am »

Like i can see from this picture there is the Layout rev 1.3 which is the same as eSata SeevaPlug.

Do you know what are the purpose of the following connectors ?
1. J4 - named JTAG ( unmounted )
2. J6 - named I2C
3. and another one called UART

I'm asking this because maybe in the near future i will need some access to GPIO ports. Basicaly i will need an i2c or simple serial line to comunicate with other cpu's devices. I know that opening or moding the device will result warranty loose.

Hopefully i will get an answer for this ... I didn't find any info until now about them , even on Sheeva schematic from GlobalScale website.

Thanks.

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2010, 04:30:24 pm »

We have asked Globalscale to answer this one and will post their response once received

maisondouf

• Crazy hacker's family since 1982
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2010, 08:35:42 pm »

When I look inside mine with a big magnifying glass, I see that (perhaps) a second USB port can be outed.

Do you think it is possible...

NSLU2 owner since 4 years...
Very new owner of a black eSata Sheevaplug.
(Wiki en fran├žais http://plug.maisondouf.fr)

sh

« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2011, 07:46:10 am »

We have asked Globalscale to answer this one and will post their response once received
Hi - it's been three months since you asked, and I guess no answer.  Would it be possible to prod them please?

sh

« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2011, 09:43:49 pm »

Like i can see from this picture there is the Layout rev 1.3 which is the same as eSata SeevaPlug.

Do you know what are the purpose of the following connectors ?
1. J4 - named JTAG ( unmounted )
2. J6 - named I2C
3. and another one called UART
Strangely, on my eSATA Sheevaplug (less than a month old), there is no connector fitted in the J6 position ("I2C") but there is a connector at J4 ("JTAG").  Also, J2 is of a different type (same as the rest).

The "UART" connector is J7 (4-pin) and its two middle pins connect to two pins on J6 (6-pin), as well as elsewhere.  One of these is at 3.3V and the other at 0V.  Two other pins on J6 go elsewhere and are both at 3.3V.  The final two pins on J6 look like a 3.3V supply and ground.

J2 (2-pin), despite being marked as "2.5V", has 1.0V on it.

The 10-way connector near the eSATA port (either J16 or J10) has 0V on all pins except one at the end which is 3.3V.

There are three missing 4-way connectors, J11, J13 and J14.  All have 5V at one end, presumably ground at the other, and hence look suspiciously like USB host ports.

leighbb

• New IT customer
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2011, 07:14:04 pm »

Ah - I've found the latest circuit diagram so all is explained.  Trying to join the plugcomputer forums to ask about some no-longer-available software to control the multi-purpose pins with /dev/mem but for some unknown reason they want to "approve" you and it seems to be as dead as... this forum.  :o

Give it a couple of days.  I was approved a few days ago.

Confusticated

• New IT customer
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2011, 07:47:36 pm »

seems to be as dead as... this forum
This forum is far from dead, it's just that some people get tediuously bored replying to the same questions that have already been answered ON THIS FORUM.

to ask about some no-longer-available software to control the multi-purpose pins
http://www.newit.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,401.0.html
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!
Pages: [1]