New IT forum
12 August 2022, 03:05:41 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Flashing green LED  (Read 7200 times)

AlexGalkin

Flashing green LED
« on: 11 April 2010, 01:47:32 pm »

Hello All,

It's something happens with my SheevaPlug.  I wanted to moved it to another location but when I plug it into socket again I just flashed by green LED (plus both LEDs on RJ-45 socket) and nothing more. I don't see anything via RS232 (no device in /dev (I use MacOS)).

What does it mean? Problem with power supply?

Thanks!

Alex.

NewIT_Marcus

Re: Flashing green LED
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2010, 08:02:07 pm »

If the plug was purchased from us, please send your order details to [email protected], describing the symptoms and the tests that you have performed.

AlexGalkin

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2010, 08:21:28 am »

Thanks!  But I decided to lost grantee :)  because sending a package back from Russia to UK is very difficult and expensive and risk ( :( our post service is absolutely suxxx).

The problem was in PowerSupply (my reply in neighbor sub forum). Plastic glue was meltdown smt happened with components.  So I'll or fix PS by myself or bye new external one.

It seems that power supply does not like when connected USB device has external supply...

NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2010, 04:54:12 pm »

There has been quite a lot of discussion of power supply issues at the plug computer forum. Globalscale have responded and we have confirmation that the Guruplug power supply is different, and that future Sheevaplug power supplies will also be improved.

At the very least, please advise Jason by e-mail so that we can keep our records up to date; as unpleasant as it is, we'd like to know exactly what is the frequency of this or any other problem.

AlexGalkin

« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2010, 05:56:45 pm »

Ok. Could you please remind me the email?

NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2010, 06:43:31 pm »

Scroll up a couple of messages.

alfon

« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2010, 09:39:34 pm »

Dear Markus,

There has been quite a lot of discussion of power supply issues at the plug computer forum. Globalscale have responded and we have confirmation that the Guruplug power supply is different, and that future Sheevaplug power supplies will also be improved.

Would it be possible to ask Globalscale if they can sell power supplies separately?
I know that power supplies are not user-serviceable, that switching one would invalidate the warranty, that it is a dangerous procedure when performed by an unqualified person, etc. I also understand that plugs and their power supplies are quite sturdy in use, unless their USB port is overloaded.

Still, I would feel much better if I could add a spare power supply to my next order.

Best regards,
Alf

AlexGalkin

« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2010, 07:41:36 pm »

Marcus:   Sorry, I skipped the email in your message.  Will mail soon with my use case description.

Alfon: If you prefer to lost warranty and replace power supply by your self I'd recommend to use alternative one (external or internal). 
Original PS is too small to provide necessity stable current - compare with similar converters.

I replaced with external one.
Pages: [1]