New IT forum
27 June 2022, 04:52:39 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: TP-LINK TL-WN725N - Association request to the driver failed  (Read 8848 times)

Chris Hall

TP-LINK TL-WN725N - Association request to the driver failed
« on: 03 November 2012, 12:49:56 pm »

Hi,
I've just got around to trying out my pi and all works well apart from the wireless LAN. The adapter is recognised by the pi and I can see it using ifconfig. However the wireless config software keeps cycling through these messages.

Trying to associate with ....
Association request to the driver failed
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED ...
CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
After while the scan stops showing any networks and I see this message

Could not get status from wpa_suppicant
- signal 15 received

Can any body offer any ideas about how to get the adapter working. I'm using it with a BT home hub V3 that is working fine with all my other devices.
The wired adapter on the Pi is connecting to my network fine and getting DHCP address.

Many thanks

Chris.

Chris Hall

Re: TP-LINK TL-WN725N - Association request to the driver failed
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2012, 01:12:30 pm »

This does appear to be somthing todo with the BT hub as the PI can connect to my android phone when it is acting as a Wi-Fi hotspot without any issue. Although I still see the message "Association request to the driver failed"

Chris Hall

« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2012, 05:31:00 pm »

I have now tried changing the security settings on my BT home hub and this problem appears to be an incompatibility in the WPA/WPA2 as the connection works fine for WEP and open.

pawhe955

« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2012, 02:16:34 pm »

Interestingly, I hit exactly the same problem last night when first powering up my newly delivered Pi and TL-WN725N.

I have a Billion 7800N for home ADSL, but didn't find this post until starting to research the issue today, so will look at trying other WiFi security settings - although it will be disappoitning if I have to compromise on WiFi security, just to get this device working, when a bucket load of other devices (various laptops, IP Network Cameras, IOS devices, Android phones, etc.) all work fine with the 7800N and WPA/WPA2...

P.
Pages: [1]