New IT forum
10 August 2022, 11:38:38 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: PiHub now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Net-SNMP 5.4.2.1  (Read 6147 times)

apemberton

Net-SNMP 5.4.2.1
« on: 14 May 2010, 03:02:11 pm »

I am using a sheevaplug eSata to perform statistics gathering from my network devices and computers here. It is almost working in that all SNMP equipped network devices and computers are reporting their statistics (MRTG 2.16.2).

Gathering CPU performance, Memory and memory percentage usage from devices works using the standard MIB files provided with  Net-SNMP. However gathering disk usage data is not functioning. Apart from setting the 'disk' parameters in /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf, which needs to be changed on some of the client devices (e.g. to 'disk /mnt/mmcbkl0p2') I am getting errors from snmp as it cannot seem to find the MIB for the dskTable (.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9 I think). It seems that the information is present in the MIB file (UCD-SNMP-MIB) in directory /usr/share/mibs/netsnmp/ but a called file SNMPv2-SMI (which IS present in the same directory) claims not to be found. This seems to throw up a lot of errors 'Cannot adopt OID in UCD-DEMO-MIB:....' indicating the unfound MIBs.

I have looked hard at the Net-SNMP site and there is no info on the problem there. Google shows up a lot of the same errors in Debian bug reports (with downgrading frome grave to normal?) but no solutions. I think the problem is something in the Net-SNMP 5.2 and later path arrangements which throw up issues in Lenny and Squeeze. That is my guess.

Has anyone had similar issues/solutions? I would be interested to know.

« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 03:04:50 pm by apemberton »
Tony Pemberton
Pages: [1]