New IT forum
27 June 2022, 06:16:46 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: GertDuino now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Piface circuit diagram/software  (Read 6939 times)

apemberton

Piface circuit diagram/software
« on: 02 February 2013, 06:26:29 pm »

Having obtained a Piface board for one of my Rpi's, I cannot find the circuit diagram or hooks for any software other than UM's prebuilt Python package. Although I can take some of the python stuff and convert, I do not particularly want to learn yet another language. Anyone have pointers?
Tony Pemberton

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
Re: Piface circuit diagram/software
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2013, 01:02:47 pm »

Having obtained a Piface board for one of my Rpi's, I cannot find the circuit diagram or hooks for any software other than UM's prebuilt Python package. Although I can take some of the python stuff and convert, I do not particularly want to learn yet another language. Anyone have pointers?

I contacted Farnell, and they came back with:
"The following link has a section on installing the software on the Raspberry Pi. There is also a Custom OS image you can download with the software already installed.
http://piface.openlx.org.uk/174770794
As for the circuit diagram I’m not sure that PiFace is an Open hardware project there for no circuit diagram will be released to the general public."

If I find any more info I will pass this on.

apemberton

Re: Piface circuit diagram/software
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2013, 03:32:32 pm »

Hooray! At last I have found something that isn't blind Python. Gordon Henderson's libraries at https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/ should assist in driving Piface's in the way *I* want! The 'c' source code is included so it should be fairly straightforward implementing code, and possibly use my favoured State Table Driven code which I have used successfully on z80/8051 projects in the past.

Just started to tinker!
Tony Pemberton
Pages: [1]