New IT forum
27 June 2022, 12:29:15 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Debian Wheezy with wifi in AP-mode on model 1001 - DS2-1221  (Read 4787 times)

ineiti

Well, subject says it all. I'm successfully running different Dreamplugs in AP-mode, but only 0802-models (DS2-1131*). Now I thought I try something new with the 1001-models (DS2-1221*). Tough luck.

I tried different combinations of images and kernels with no luck. As I'm quite bandwith-limited where I live, I would like to know whether Wheezy is possible or if it's better to stick with Squeeze?

Thanks for any pointer

Confusticated

• New IT customer
Re: Debian Wheezy with wifi in AP-mode on model 1001 - DS2-1221
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2013, 10:21:21 pm »

I tried different combinations of images and kernels
Which kernels ? wifi won't work at all with 0802-model kernels.

Wheezy is possible or if it's better to stick with Squeeze
Wheezy is possible, but has no bearing, the AP operation is mainly dependant on the kernel (and it's modules).
As far as I am aware, the mainline vanilla kernel mwifiex module does not support AP mode.
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!

dp

« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2013, 08:49:35 am »

Hi,

Can you explain a little bit why Wifi AP mode doesn't work any more on 802-models in recent kernels ?

Regards.

Confusticated

• New IT customer
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2013, 01:04:14 pm »

why Wifi AP mode doesn't work any more on 802-models
You have reversed my comment, to restate\clarify
'old kernel images will not provide wifi support on the newer dreamplugs'
I cannot confirm or deny wheter the image for a newer dreamplug will work on an older dreamplug (as I have not inspected one, but I suspect not).
Advocatus Diaboli - My agenda is not to give you the answer, but to guide your thoughts so you derive it for yourself!
Pages: [1]