New IT forum
12 August 2022, 03:29:41 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: GertDuino now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GuruPlug killing USB peripherals ??  (Read 3338 times)

Huaaah

GuruPlug killing USB peripherals ??
« on: 07 June 2010, 06:43:18 am »

Hi.

Well now it looks as if there has been reports indicating that not only does the GP sometimes burn its USB connectors when getting to hot (?), it actually might fry the Peripherals to.

Can someone please comment on this, because one thing is that we might burn the GP itself by letting it run, but if it can move into a killing rampage on the connected USB HD's I think that is a completely new ballgame.

So can anyone confirm this?

mola

Re: GuruPlug killing USB peripherals ??
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2010, 11:03:46 am »

Hi.

Well now it looks as if there has been reports indicating that not only does the GP sometimes burn its USB connectors when getting to hot (?), it actually might fry the Peripherals to.

Can someone please comment on this, because one thing is that we might burn the GP itself by letting it run, but if it can move into a killing rampage on the connected USB HD's I think that is a completely new ballgame.

So can anyone confirm this?

Hi,

my USB peripherals have been working all right for a couple of days now. Currently that's a USB HD (3.5", own PSU, attached long term for backup purposes) and a USB memory stick (OCZ with alu casing though and just used for flashing new uBoot, RootFS etc.). eth0 is permanently connected with 1000 MBit/s.
Only problem is that GP reboots when plugging USB device.
Nothing fried anyway. My GP has a passive cooler though.

Best
Pages: [1]