New IT forum
12 August 2022, 03:16:25 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: PiHub now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Help me... Reset guruplug... is it possible without a JTAG Board?  (Read 8309 times)

j031005

Hi

Today, I have received my guruplug. However, I could not connect to the access point (default: 192.168.1.1) with ethernet cable desconnected from guruplug. Is not such thing strange?

After, I did an “apt-get update”  (or “apt-get dist-upgrade”) and I lost the access to my guru plug. Apparently, the ssh service isn’t working… Can you help me? I do not have a JTAG board.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: 22 June 2010, 09:41:41 pm by j031005 »

briaeros007

Re: Help me... Reset guruplug... is it possible without a JTAG Board?
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 02:51:08 pm »

nobody can help him?
Is the problem always here ?

However, I could not connect to the access point (default: 192.168.1.1) with ethernet cable desconnected from guruplug. Is not such thing strange?

First of all, do you see the guruplug on wifi ?
Second : what is your network configuration ?

Apparently, the ssh service isn’t working… Can you help me? I do not have a JTAG board.
You can ping your guruplug or you can do nothing with it ?

darek

« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2010, 06:40:25 am »

As my previous say, "No ping, No GuruPlug". If You don't have JTag You probably stuck.

mabuhay

• myownhomeserver.ch
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2010, 09:00:14 am »

Hello

First of all, check if your GuruPlug boots properly. I dont have mine right now, but as far as I know, one of the LED's is only on when booting is done. If it boots properly, find a way to determine your GuruPlugs IP-address, maybe it has changed? Check if it shows up as wireless device, wireless should be activated by default. If you plug it in to a network, check your router if there are any LAN statistics which show all devices in the network. You might be able to figure out the GuruPlug's IP-address there (it might take some time until it shows up there).

If you want to do development, especially networking related things, I recommend you getting a JTag board since you might mess up things easily ;)

mfg
My low-power homeserver with the GuruPlug Server Plus: www.myownhomeserver.ch
Pages: [1]