New IT forum
25 June 2022, 11:16:26 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: GertDuino now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Who Offers Restore/Repair Service for TP2?  (Read 4101 times)

dglp

Who Offers Restore/Repair Service for TP2?
« on: 08 November 2014, 11:49:10 am »

I bought a TP2 from New IT this summer, and was running it with a 32G memory stick until one day the drive failed - some sort of corruption. I removed the stick. Apparently this has caused knock-on problems. I have installed a SATA drive, but the Plug is not visible on my (Windows) network. My Netgear router does not see it, I can't ping it.

The Tonido support forum is dead, so I'm not getting any help there.

I  am wondering what options I have. I'm not going to start messing with the bootloader etc, and would be glad to find someone who could restore the operating system or replace the plug.

apemberton

Re: Who Offers Restore/Repair Service for TP2?
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2014, 08:11:55 pm »

Do you have the serial adaptor that was sold as an accesory for the TP2? If you have, you could connect to a serial port of another computer to monitor the u-boot sequence. I would think that the TP2's u-boot and environment will be intact. If the adaptor is no longer available, I think it would be possible to use a USB to serial adaptor as use for the RaspberryPi or Hummingboard and attach the pins to the TP2 - I haven't tried it so no guarantees about it working but I see no reason why it shouldn't. I'm not sure about the pinouts but they are somewhere out the on the 'net.

If you can get to u-boot, then it should be possible to get an image and kernel on either an SD card or Sata drive.

I know I had a lot of fiddling before I got my TP2's working on debian (currently Jessie with kernel 3.15.6) with a 1TB hard drive. I think I posted some of my issues here and on plugcomputer forum about TP2.
Tony Pemberton

bigbear59

Re: Who Offers Restore/Repair Service for TP2?
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2014, 03:26:00 pm »

« Last Edit: 08 December 2014, 03:28:05 pm by bigbear59 »
Cheers,
BigBear59
Pages: [1]