New IT forum
25 June 2022, 10:12:13 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Restoring "supplied" Fedora system and kernel software  (Read 6114 times)

superpat

Restoring "supplied" Fedora system and kernel software
« on: 15 July 2010, 06:58:08 pm »

Hi

Another question asked was how to rebuild the original  Fedora software system

I have not tried to do this myself (yet!), but the information howto is available in the openrd-client_user_guide around page 22 onwards

"4. Writing OpenRD Software to NAND flash" (et seq)

OBVIOUSLY you will need to use the Ultimate software from the Open-rd.org downloads section, instead of the client software where appropriate.

Please post if you have success!

regards

Patrick

crn

Re: Restoring "supplied" Fedora system and kernel software
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2010, 07:49:43 pm »

I looked into this with a view to making a USB key to be able to put everything back to standard before making changes.
Problem: the filesystem image fc8.release.x11.openrd.nand.ubi.img which should be on the non-existant CDROM is nowhere to be found online.

superpat

« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2010, 08:48:55 am »

@crn

Hi,

I had not needed the Fedora RFS so I did not know it was missing.

I have looked and you are correct. It is not available to download.

I did receive a DVD with my Ultimate, before they removed it from the BOM, so I do have a copy of the file.  It is 341Mb in size. 

I have complained about the removal of the DVD (3.0GB)  on the Open-Rd.org forum and have emailed NewIT to see if they can host it temporarily.

PM me if you have a public location where I can upload the file. It would take forever to upload the complete DVD using ASDL.

regards

P

crn

« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2010, 02:08:20 pm »

There is a reply in the openrd forum, looks like the CD will be uploaded, hopefully over the weekend.
No real hurry, I just want to have a USB key prepared to unbrick it if I screw up.
There is a whole load of stuff on the CD which is needed for such eventualities.

In the meanwhile I am waiting for Stuart to upload a patched kernel etc to ftp.armedslack.com
to resolve a few issues.

patience is a virtue........

NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2010, 04:26:01 pm »

@crn

Hi,

I had not needed the Fedora RFS so I did not know it was missing.

I have looked and you are correct. It is not available to download.

I did receive a DVD with my Ultimate, before they removed it from the BOM, so I do have a copy of the file.  It is 341Mb in size. 

I have complained about the removal of the DVD (3.0GB)  on the Open-Rd.org forum and have emailed NewIT to see if they can host it temporarily.

PM me if you have a public location where I can upload the file. It would take forever to upload the complete DVD using ASDL.

regards

P

Pat -

We'll e-mail you to discuss uploading this to the newit webspace.
Pages: [1]