New IT forum
12 August 2022, 03:42:31 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Compiling issue - anyone understand that error?  (Read 4944 times)

mola

Compiling issue - anyone understand that error?
« on: 16 August 2010, 10:17:00 am »

Hi,

I've been compiling various stuff under a Sheeva-with-Linux 2.6.34.2 Kernel / Debian Squeeze. Most programs compiled all right once I had build-essential etc.
This one doesn't and I'm no developer so I have difficulty in understanding the issue - and would appreciate your help. Error message says:

Code: [Select]
Plugin mcli:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/vdr/vdr-1.7.15/PLUGINS/src/vdr-mcli-plugin'
make -C mcast/client/
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/vdr/vdr-1.7.15/PLUGINS/src/vdr-mcli-plugin/mcast/client'
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -fPIC -Wall -I../common -DCLIENT -DLIBRARY -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAPI_SOCK  -I../dvbloop `xml2-config --cflags` -O3 -o mld_common.o mld_common.c
mld_common.c:1: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘.’ token
make[2]: *** [mld_common.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/vdr/vdr-1.7.15/PLUGINS/src/vdr-mcli-plugin/mcast/client'
make[1]: *** [libmcli.so] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/vdr/vdr-1.7.15/PLUGINS/src/vdr-mcli-plugin'

I've now done further digging and the file that the debugger stumbles over just contains:

Code: [Select]
link ../common/mld_common.c
...and in fact that's where the actual source file is. If I go ahead and replace the text file containing the link with a symlink to the source file, the compiler gos ahead and produces "mld_common.o" - before it stalls at the next link contained in a textfile.

So apparently the linking stuff is the issue. Is there any way I can tell gcc in the makefile to follow these links? It's quite a couple so making symlinks would take time...

Any help appreciated.

Thanks very much!
« Last Edit: 16 August 2010, 10:41:14 am by mola »

machekku

Re: Compiling issue - anyone understand that error?
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2010, 01:23:30 pm »

Can you paste first lines of mld_common.c?

mola

Re: Compiling issue - anyone understand that error?
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

Can you paste first lines of mld_common.c?

Hi,

thanks for your help! I've basically solved the issue by symlinking the files. mld_common.c as such compiled fine.

Best regards
Pages: [1]