New IT forum
25 February 2018, 01:49:00 am *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sata connection  (Read 2504 times)

josue

Sata connection
« on: 01 May 2015, 07:28:36 pm »

Hello,

I want to connect a hard drive with a SATA cable. But I don know how to. I have found this diagram. I think it should be a possibility on the I/O connector (It's a PDMI plug). But I don't know where in this PDMI plug (there are 30 pin)

Have you an idea how to connect a SATA cable to the PDMI cable ? Or have you an idea of the number of this pin with SATA signal in the PDMI connector ? Have you an other idee how to connect a SATA hard drive in the mirabox ?

Best Regard

Thanks

Ralph Houston

• New IT customer
Re: Sata connection
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2015, 08:22:40 am »

I would think a USB-SATA adaptor would be the simplest solution.

josue

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2015, 10:02:11 am »

Hello,

Yes I'm agree.

Actually I have a mirabax with a usb 3 hard drive. But the usb 3 protocol is unstable and is very heavy for that processor. I think sata protocol is more lite.

Thank

apemberton

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2015, 09:34:26 am »

Not knowing anything about a Mirabox internals, I see from the diagram above that there is a PCIe expansion spare. I don't know for sure but I think PCIe is compatible hardwarewise with mSATA. Of course I don't know if the PCIe expansion is equipped with connector, there is space for a PCIe card nor if it is enabled in kernel. Just a thought.
Tony Pemberton
Pages: [1]