New IT forum
12 August 2022, 03:53:07 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any usage gives: mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data  (Read 28826 times)

markabey

Re: Any usage gives: mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2011, 11:29:18 pm »

I had this error with a Komputerbay 32gb class 10 SD card from amazon (unbranded oem)

It worked fine in my hd camcorder, but it only lasts around 3-4 hours in the sheevaplug. It gets very hot and then the console spams errors. From an SSH login you can't see these errors, but it eventually slows down and the filesystem becomes read only. Shutdown doesn't work and only a hard reboot fixes it. It then usually takes 2 reboots to work again.
It occasionally freezes for a few seconds when doing things, but was generally usable to at least configure things.

I've ordered a new 16gb Integral SLC from NewIT which I hope will make this better. Many hours wasted looking for the issue and running fscks....
At least the disk is readable to I can backup everything I have done.

NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #16 on: 10 July 2011, 09:50:44 am »

This error message is usually the sign of a bad card. If your card is new, perhaps it is just not suitable, for whatever reason.

d_strigaro

« Reply #17 on: 19 September 2011, 08:14:51 am »

Maybe i have the same problem.
I bought a sdhc card. Sheevaplug starts well but after it reminds me this -110 error and i must reset it.

Would i change my SDHC card?
What would i buy?

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 19 September 2011, 09:48:44 am »

Hi the SD cards we sell are SLC and not the standard MLC:

Integral Endurance Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) use an SLC high speed chipset and are Class 10 Speed to ensure data is saved faster.
Benefits
    * SLC chipset and high-speed controller provides transfer speeds of up to 30MB/s*
    * Data is saved to the SDHC card faster so you never miss a shot and Full HD video records without glitches (1920 x 1080p)
    * Works brilliantly with the latest professional DSLR cameras and HD digital camcorders
    * Single Layer Cell (SLC) components have up to 10X the lifespan of standard Multi Layer Cell (MLC) used in most memory cards
    * Works in extreme hot and cold environments
    * Class 10 speed also enables faster data transfer from SDHC to PC/Mac (using a card reader)

Features
    * SDHC Class 10
    * Made with SLC Flash components
    * Industrial temperature operating range -25C to +85C
    * 10-year warranty
    * Complete with free protective case

*Up to 30MB/s transfer speed (write speed lower). Based on internal testing. Performance will vary depending on host device

d_strigaro

« Reply #19 on: 19 September 2011, 01:13:20 pm »

Ok thx for your reply!

But i see another 'Integral' sd-card that has a cheaper price:

Integral ultima pro class 10 wirh 23MB/s.

Is it a good card for sheevaplug?

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 19 September 2011, 01:27:26 pm »

Normally most SD cards will work, but we have seen issues, which is why we only use the best that is curently available.
I know these SLC's are a little bit more money, but the only other SLC's we can find are made by Transcend, and they are 3-4 times the price of the Integrals.
Pages: 1 [2]